Investigador – Researcher
Clemente Rubio-Manzano received the Senior Computer Engineer degree in 2006 from the University of Castilla La Mancha, Spain, and the Ph.D. degree in Advanced Computer Technologies in 2011 from the University of Castilla La Mancha, Spain. He is currently hired as a researcher at the University of Cádiz through the Talent Attraction Program linked to the Andalusia Innovation Strategy in Cádiz and Technological Innovation Initiatives of the ITI Cádiz. He is part of the Department of Mathematics in the area of Formal Tools for Big Data and has been incorporated into the research group MCIS (Mathematics for Computational Intelligence Systems). He has been a Professor in the Information Systems Department of the Public University of the Bío-Bío Region (Universidad del Bío-Bío, Concepción, Chile) from 2011 to 2017.
ORCID: 0000-0001-5832-070X (http://orcid.org/0000-0001-5832-070X)
General indicators of quality of scientific production:
Since 2014, research papers have obtained a total of 311 citations. With an h index of 10 and an i10 index of 10 (source: googlescholar). Also, the RG Score is 14.97 (Researchgate). He has 11 ISI publications and 24 Scopus publications (source: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=25646187500).
- Director of the Master’s Program in Computer Science under which a 5-year accreditation was obtained. Bio Bio University.
- Director of the SOMOS (Software Modeling and Science) research group at the Universidad del Bío-Bío.
- Representative of the Information Systems Department and member of the council of the Faculty of Business Sciences. Bio Bio University.
- Member of the Academic Committee of the Faculty of Business Sciences. Bio Bio University.
- Accreditation Committee of the FACE Master in Computer Science Committee for the drafting of the A FACE research planning plan.
Scientific affiliations and scientific community:
- Member of the European Society for Fuzzy Logic and Technology (EUSFLAT).
- Member of the Spanish Association of Artificial Intelligence (AEPIA)
- Reviewer for the ESTYLF congress since 2011.
- Occasional reviewer for FUZZ-IEEE and IWANN congress.
- Occasional reviewer for ISI Applied Soft Computing, IEEE Computational Intelligence Magazine, IEEE Access.
Projects as principal researcher:
- Title: Study of the Impact of incorporating video games into the teaching-learning process of fractions in centers of the eighth region. Duration: 2017-2019. Financing entity: Universidad del Bío-Bío REF Code: DIUBB 1709152 / RS
- Title: Knowledge Discovery used Fuzzy Logic Programming. Funding entity: Universidad del Bío-Bío. Duration: 2011.2012 REF Code: DIUBB 125615 2 / RS (Chile).
- C. Rubio-Manzano, D. Alfonso-Robaina, J. C. Díaz-Moreno, A. Malleuve-Martínez, Jesús Medina. A novel cause-effect variable analysis in enterprise architecture by fuzzy logic techniques. International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems. Accepted, 2020.
- C. Rubio-Manzano, T. Lermanda, C. Martínez, C. Vidal, A. Segura. Fuzzy linguistic descriptions for execution trace comprehension and their application in an introductory course in artificial intelligence. In Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems (Accepted). Impact Factor: 1.637
- C. Molina, A. Segura, C. Vidal, C. Rubio-Manzano, C.Martínez. Improving the affective analysis in texts. In The Electronic Library (Accepted) Impact Factor: 1.119
- A. Pérez-Fargallo, C. Rubio-Manzano, A. Martínez-Rocamora , C. Rubio-Bellido, M. Trebilcock Kelly: Linguistic descriptions of thermal comfort data for buildings: definition, implementation and evaluation. In Building Simulation journal (Accepted) Impact Factor: 1.170
- P. Julián-Iranzo, C. Rubio-Manzano: A Sound and Complete Semantics for a Similarity-based Logic Programming Language. In Fuzzy Sets and Systems 317:1–26, 2017. Impact Factor: 2.718
- C. Rubio-Manzano, M. Pereira-Fariña: Towards Fuzzy Lexical Reasoning: Proximity-based Logic Programming based on WordNet. In Fuzzy Sets and Systems, 32(3): 2425-2436, 2017. DOI: 10.3233/JIFS-16377. Impact Factor: 1.261
- C. Rubio-Manzano, G. Trivino. “Improving player experience in Computer Games by using players behavior analysis and linguistic descriptions”. In International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 95(27-38), 2016. Impact Factor: 2.863
- C. Rubio-Manzano, P. Julián Iranzo: Incorporation of abstraction capability in a logic-based framework by using proximity relations. 29(4): 1671-1683, 2015. Impact Factor: 1.261
- P. Julián Iranzo, C. Rubio-Manzano: Proximity-based unification theory. Fuzzy Sets and Systems 262: 21-43 (2015) Impact Factor: 2.718
- C. Rubio-Manzano, P. Julián Iranzo: A Fuzzy linguistic prolog and its applications. Journal of Intelligent and Fuzzy Systems 26(3): 1503-1516 (2014) Impact Factor: 1.261
- P. Julián-Iranzo, C. Rubio-Manzano, J. Gallardo-Casero: Bousi~Prolog: a Prolog Extension Language for Flexible Query Answering. Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science 248, 131-147. (2009) Impact Factor: 0.698
- C. Rubio-Manzano: Thesis: Design and Implementation of a fuzzy logic programming languages by using weak unification. AI Communications 16(2): 121-123 (2012) Impact Factor: 0.654